Assertive California Employment Law Attorneys Ensuring compliance, safeguarding success.
A profitable business serves the needs of labor, management and the marketplace. But friction between labor and management often causes complications that hurt a company’s competitiveness and threaten the livelihoods of everyone involved. At Samuel and Samuel we have over 35 years of experience defending the rights of workers to safe, hospitable and equitable employment, as well as management’s right to productivity and performance. Our experience on both sides of labor and employment issues makes us uniquely qualified to assist you with comprehensive and lasting solutions to issues that can poison workplace morale and undermine a company’s success.
Samuel and Samuel understands that employees often hesitate to confront employers, especially in troubled economic times. Samuel and Samuel empowers individuals to receive the justice they deserve. We assist with cases involving:
Federal law prohibits employers from discriminatory practices regarding hiring, promotion, termination, types of assignments and pay. When making decisions, employers cannot legally consider:
By applying extensive knowledge of state and federal labor and employment laws, Samuel and Samuel uses objective metrics to prove or disprove acts of discrimination.
Helping Employers Build Strong Labor Relations
For businesses to plan and expand, operations must be predictable and reliable. Adherence to laws governing labor relations ensures a company’s legal operation. Samuel and Samuel provides employers with day-to-day compliance counseling and just resolutions to workplace disputes that advance labor relations and further your business success.
Supporting Productive Workplace Conditions
Following complex legal procedures takes valuable time away from management’s real job — running and promoting business. For 35 years, Samuel and Samuel has counseled businesses on procedure and fulfillment under labor laws including:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Workers Compensation Program
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Consumer Credit Protection Act (CPCA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA)
Safeguarding a productive business
Just as your company retains certain specific responsibilities to its employees, workers are obligated to comply with work policies and legal requirements that affect your business. Incompetent, unethical or unlawful behavior of a worker has potentially devastating consequences. Samuel and Samuel assists businesses in:
- Developing clear, written employment policies
- Drafting employment contracts
- Drafting non-compete agreements
- Drafting nondisclosure agreements
- Addressing suspicions of a worker’s unlawful or unethical acts
- Dismissing employees